On the Wall.

Walls are awesome. Weird statement, I know. But I am fascinated by walls. Each time I look at a wall with leisure, my brain begins ticking as to what can I do to make this wall look outstanding? So, to satisfy this appetite I worked upon two walls of my room.

I tried my hand at a corner vector and two Arabic calligraphic designs and words.

All it took was a pencil, an eraser, ruler and glossy black paint. And TIME 🙂

After much surfing on google images, I found this really intriguing corner design and worked it up on the wall with a sight modification.

I couldn’t get my hands on a paint brush, so I used an earbud to do the painting after the outline.

The Arabic word here is Al-Hubb. It translates to the emotion of Love. (And hence the little crayon red heart).

 

After a while, another wall of my room was bothering me. It was just to empty. So I did this. Its a reproduction of an image I came across on Instagram.

This is “Muhammadur Rasul Ullah” in Arabic. A part of the Kalimah, that states Muhammaed (P.B.U.H) is the messenger of Allah.

 

Advertisements

Designing

My mother is a very creative lady. I admire her to the moon and back. She has always designed clothes for me and my sisters. Beautiful frill layered frocks to tops and shalwar khameezes. She even wore a lot of her own self designed clothes. She modified plain sarees and blouses. I remember she transformed a plain white shalwar khameez by hand painting it flowers with fabric paints!

I have always been fascinated by her work and wished I could do something similar. Inspired by her I attempted my first Saree and Blouse modification.

As part of our cultural tradition my parents have given me many designer sarees. Among the lot, my mom personally chose some plain georgette sarees for me.

I began with the Green one.

I bought a golden zari-work lace from the famous Lad Bazar of Hyderabad, India. It was a plain lace altered with a pattern of leaves and small flowers.

I bought golden stones and emerald stones along with Fevicryl Fabric glue. I stuck the emerald stones on the lace. As for the golden stones, I pasted them on the saree in a polka-dot fashion with exact measurement to give it a polished look.

It took me about three months to complete the entire saree, given that I worked for about an hour or two per day.

Next, I purchased an elastic shimmer velvet blouse from amazon. I used the remaining lace to transform it.

Since the Pallu, covers the front, I worked only on the sleeves of the front side. Using both the stones, I pasted flowers. The remaining portion of the lace were used as border/piping on the sleeves and lower back. The back side looked a lot plain. To give it a fancy look, I cut up individual patterns of the lace and pasted them in an organised manner.

The finished blouse looks like this:

I plan to wear this on a future ceremony in our house.

I have many more ideas and sarees and dresses to design or remodel. Will post them as I do them!

Catching Up.

Well, its been quite a while since I posted. As the usual tick tock of my time continues, I tried my hands at different creative things this while. I just couldn’t fit the time to post on my blog in my messed up schedule.

My baby is being potty trained. And my toddler is having tantrum issues.

So the next few bogs will be about some sleeve-rolled-up stuff I’ve been doing for some time.